Edifício da Corte
Edifício da Corte is located on the Street and Calçada do Ferragial, located next to the Fernandina Fence, wall built by D. Fernando in 1373 to account for the reality and growth of the population of the time, since the previous Cerca Moura no longer supported in the post-recapture period. Together, but at the time outside the Wall, hence its Latin name (farrago inis) meaning "field where harvested green cereals are grown."
The Edifício da Corte consists of 15 Apartments (Lofts, T1 and T2) with areas ranging from 50 to 128 m2, which are named after some Portuguese Kings and Queens.
The Edíficio da Corte, although equipped according to the best standards of comfort and modernity, was inspired by the history of the Court and the Royal Palaces, to recreate decorative notes that refer to other times. The signatures and coats of the Kings and Queens that give name to the apartments are present in each one of them. The chandeliers that enrich their ceilings, from the moment the imposing chandelier of the Hall - the chandelier of the Court - are contemporary recreations of the fausto of other times. In both cases, plastic creations of Portuguese artists: atelier Catarina Portas and Cláudia Gama. Read more...