Officina Real Building
The Building that once housed the workshops that tinned the dishes of the Royal House, owes its name to this past, which is evident in every corner of the property. According to the report of a typed document, researched in the Library of Olissiponenses Studies, this building was the former home of a tin shop founded by the Marquis of Pombal to tin the dishes of the Royal House —“the doors each had a royal crown and the following label: Officina da RealCasa”. According to the same report, from 1921 onwards, there was a boilermaker's workshop in this building — Orrico & Carricchio.
All the pieces, tools and instruments that give the apartments their name were in use in the former Royal Office that existed on the site, and are now valued and exposed, returning the Soul to this heritage...Read more